I decided to get the other skirt finished before I continued on the blue jacket, partly because I wanted to be able to wear a new skirt and partly because someone made a comment on an old Flickr photo about under-stitching and I thought I could show a little of that this time.
Here is the skirt facing, sewed on, trimmed and ironed with the seam allowance pressed toward the facing.
Here I am, sewing the trimmed seam allowance to the facing by under-stitching. There's a bit of confusion in this photo because I folded back the first part that I sewed, so you could see the underside and the tops side all in one photo. Unfortunately, it looks like I've sewed the two parts together because I put them so close together in the photo.
However, here is an extreme close-up of the finished facing, inside and out, with the under-stitching showing.
After that, I needed to fold under the ends of the facing and then fold the whole facing to the inside of the skirt and tack it down, near the zipper and at each of the other three seams. A good press and...
... the skirt is done! I hung it on top of the blue skirt I finished yesterday and now it's back to the jacket.