Today's a snow day (check out my husband's new/old blog - that's me shovelling! Hey! Why isn't he?) so I don't have to go to my class so I'm going to get some sewing done. (I'm taking classes in how to be a personal trainer - there's no such thing as too much education!)
I was looking through my thread collection and saw that I didn't have a very pale pink for the lining. I'm going to sew the seams and darts in the off white that I'm using for the silk and figure out the quilting later.
I have been doing all the prep work - zigzagging the long seams so they won't ravel, ironing on the interfacing, sewing the darts. There are a lot of darts - two long vertical ones in the back, two verticals in the front and two bust darts, times two for the lining too. But when I had the sleeves out side by side, I suddenly noticed that they looked completely different! Of course, I had cut them out individually, not two at a time on folded fabric, but I hadn't noticed how different the weave in the fabric was until now. And now that I'm writing about it and you have pictures, it really doesn't look as bad as I thought initially. But the fabric is woven much "tighter" on the sleeve on the right in the photo. The pink threads are much closer together than the pink threads on the left. Good thing it's sleeves and not fronts. But I'll just keep moving when I'm wearing it and no one will notice. :)