I am pleased that I decided to keep track of my time on this jacket. Then, when I am done, I will know in case someone asks me, "what would it cost to make a jacket like that?" After the lay-out, I spent 30 minutes just cutting.
I went to the store to see what I could use for interfacing. I want to sew it in, not fuse it on. Plus I know that sometimes, you can get a glimpse of the interfacing so I wanted to see what colours they had. Imagine how happy I was to find some lightweight poly-cotton fabric, just like the stuff I used to make Peter's too-big shorts, and in the exact colour of the suede! It's 150 cm wide and only $2.99 a metre so I bought enough for a second pair of those shorts, now that I have taken the pattern in and up.
Today (so far), I unpinned and marked all the pattern pieces, laid out and cut the interfacing pieces, and pinned the interfacing to the pieces where it is required. That was another 45 minutes. I have now spent almost two hours and I haven't sewed a stitch!