Sunday, January 08, 2006

Barely getting the basting done

I went upstairs this afternoon to sew, as I had some time between whatever my last chore was and dinner. I totally forgot to bring the camera. But I didn’t get a lot done so I guess that’s okay.

I sewed the interfacing to the various pieces that needed it - skirt facings and jacket facings. I just used a longish basting stitch on the machine. I have yet to baste the long edge that tucks into the fold because I really have to do that by hand, taking inch long stitches.

I sewed the fold at the top of the two unlined pockets that go on the front of the jacket. When I turn the folded top right side out, I will then sew down the fold with top stitching on the right side.

I unpinned the skirt pieces from the pattern and marked where the zipper goes on the left side. Then I figured out which pieces go on the left side and sewed just them together, right sides together, with basting at the top where the zipper will go. There are 8 gores in this skirt so I just know it’s going to be a chore keeping them identified, especially because the right and wrong side of the fabric is identical.

That’s it for today!

No comments: