At last! I can allow myself to think about something ELSE.
I spent all day Sunday (off and on) sewing up the two matching purses. So cute!
It is almost like making baby clothes, because they are so small. But there is still a fair bit of construction. I used Butterick 6371, the middle silver purse on the right.
It calls for buckram on the bottom oval piece but I used two layers of the hair canvas (because I had it) on both the lining and the purse oval pieces. So there are six layers on the bottom, which is still one less than in the bodice of that dress!
I cleverly discovered that my pressing ham is the perfect size and shap for pressing out the side seams on the purse.
The bottom looks complicated with all the pleats and easing the sides onto the oval, but it is surprisingly easy.
There is a layer of quilt batting between the outside and the lining but it is just held in around the edges or the seams - there is no actual quilting going on.
Once you have the inside and outside done and the handles attached to the outside, you put the lining inside and sew it around the top edge.
The oval piece on the lining is supposed to be made out of lining fabric but I used the outside fabric for a fun, finishing touch.
And there they are!