Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Pinning sleeves

Peter came home from work yesterday and while I was in my sewing room as usual, Rockwell wasn't with me, keeping me company and watching out for Peter. So it was a quiet and lonely homecoming. Peter had to come upstairs and sit by the window like Rockwell did in the afternoons, just so I wouldn't feel alone. Then he grabbed "my" camera and took some pix of me while I was pinning the shoulder seam on the mauve jacket.
pinning sleeves
You don't usually get to see the "big picture" as I am always taking extreme close-ups of my work.
pinning sleeves
And yes, I made my shirt and skirt too. :)

3 comments:

ML said...

Great to see you in action :)

ML said...

I couldn't find an email address for you. I just wanted to thank you for your words of comfort and for reading my blog. I love reading yours and you are a very talented seamstress.

JuliaR said...

Hey ML, I commented over on your blog again. :)

Nicky, welcome to my blog. I just glanced at your Blogger profile and see you have these knitting blogs with vast numbers of contributers. My Mum knits but I never got into it. And there's only so much time in the day. For the totes, I use Simplicity 9949 (http://juliasewing.blogspot.com/2006/08/tote-bags.html). I have other patterns but I keep coming back to this one. As for the internet, I have been a big fan of it since the beginning. It makes the world smaller but at the same time, points out the vast distances.