Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Pinning sleeves

Peter came home from work yesterday and while I was in my sewing room as usual, Rockwell wasn't with me, keeping me company and watching out for Peter. So it was a quiet and lonely homecoming. Peter had to come upstairs and sit by the window like Rockwell did in the afternoons, just so I wouldn't feel alone. Then he grabbed "my" camera and took some pix of me while I was pinning the shoulder seam on the mauve jacket.
pinning sleeves
You don't usually get to see the "big picture" as I am always taking extreme close-ups of my work.
pinning sleeves
And yes, I made my shirt and skirt too. :)

4 comments:

ML said...

Great to see you in action :)

ML said...

I couldn't find an email address for you. I just wanted to thank you for your words of comfort and for reading my blog. I love reading yours and you are a very talented seamstress.

Nickie said...

Hi. I've been reading your blog over the past few months and felt the urge to make contact.

I love all of your sewing projects and have learned quite a few things though I have been sewing for a VERY long time. I thank you for such a wonderful blog.

I am very impressed with your topstitching on the purple corduroy pockets and I too have had to deal with the tension monster MANY times. In spite of your ordeal the pockets look beautiful.

I love the totes that you have made...do you use a pattern? If so, maybe you could tell me what that is or lead me to a pattern on the internet. They would make great Christmas gifts...for men and women!

So, keep up your most excellent
work...I wish you lived close so we could share our projects...the one very frustrating thing about the internet, eh?

JuliaR said...

Hey ML, I commented over on your blog again. :)

Nicky, welcome to my blog. I just glanced at your Blogger profile and see you have these knitting blogs with vast numbers of contributers. My Mum knits but I never got into it. And there's only so much time in the day. For the totes, I use Simplicity 9949 (http://juliasewing.blogspot.com/2006/08/tote-bags.html). I have other patterns but I keep coming back to this one. As for the internet, I have been a big fan of it since the beginning. It makes the world smaller but at the same time, points out the vast distances.